Senior Software Developer VB.NET, C# , C++ .Net Java, PHP
One of the West Midlands fastest growing technology organisations are looking for a new key role in their core operations department. They are a well established company with a history of delivering amazing software.
As a result of a number of new client wins they are looking to grow a niche team that plays a key part in the business. This team provides a number of essential services to clients as a part of the core product . The foundation of the product is JAVA and an inhouse application which is augmented with a variety of, growing, integrations and WEB and Digital services.
By collaborating closely with other development & delivery teams, this team help to deliver exceptional capabilities for clients that meet their business needs
* Design, development and implementation of systems based on outline specifications provided by the Senior Analyst Programmer/Business Analyst and clients.
* Demonstrate a knowledge of standards, methods and tools; selecting and applying the most appropriate.
* Demonstrate clear understanding of the application areas, development environment and project life cycle.
* Produce documentation to the required standards and quality without the need for major re-writes or re-issue due to errors in comprehension.
* Produce program code and specifications to the required standards and quality.
* Demonstrate a high-level understanding of relevant software and hardware in local use.
* Choose and apply appropriate methods, in an intelligent and effective way, to deliver project deliverables.
* Support system integration testing including input into test planning.
* Produce effective written communication to the standard required.
* Proactive identification and implementation of service improvements.
* Accuracy of fixes demonstrated by minimal/zero downtime of live systems and by meeting the stated SLA.
* To highlight risks & suggest solutions to ensure effective delivery
* Maintain accurate information detailing actions required/undertaken.
* Willing to travel to client sites (including overnight stays) when required.
The ideal person will have the following :
* 12 months ’ demonstrable experience within a commercial software development environment
* Commercial knowledge and experience of a 4G development language (VB.NET, C# , C++ .Net Java, PHP or something similar)
* Experience of the full project lifecycle
* Knowledge of Git and SQL
* Extensive experience in programming methods
* Experience working in an agile environment
* Experience of communicating with clients and building relationships
An advantage if you have the following
* Knowledge of JIRA
* Knowledge of Jenkins
* Excellent analytic skills and an ability to demonstrate critical thinking
* Curious – to learn new technologies
Interested in a career where you can learn a new skill, send me your CV ASAP
When submitting your application to Colossus Associates, please ensure you have your correct phone number and email address so we can contact you asap regarding your application. For confidentiality purposes, please remove any reference contact phone number’s and email address details from your CV.