Wolverhampton 40K - 45K Permanent
This here is an amazing opportunity for an experienced SQL Developer to be part of a UK leading company. You will collaborate with a team of analysts, developers and managers, skilled with BI; varying from database and SQL admin to visualisations. This is a flexible role with competitive benefits.
As a SQL Developer, you will be accountable for the sending and modifying of new and existing BI reports, data extraction and transform(ELT). You are required to give precise and appropriate information to better the business efficiency, handling and maintenance.
- Accountable for the development of BI solutions; handling tools to design, improve, unit test, apply, and monitor solutions.
- Work alongside Business Users, Business analysts and Senior BI Developers to point out suitable solutions to tactical needs.
- Operate effectively alongside Change Management Project Managers and BAs in the providing of solutions.
- Monitor both design and data secured within the system.
Make sure all solutions meet the set design criteria and specification.
- 2nd Line support to overnight ETL processes.
- Manage documentation with respects to BI solutions.
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders, highlighting needs, solutions, problems and progress.
Experience/ Qualification/ Knowledge:
- At least 3yrs in the design and development of BI solutions (SSRS)
- At least 3yrs working in formal change management process.
- At least 2yrs working in formal release process
- At least 2yrs of work estimation for future development planning.
At least 2yrs stakeholder management
- GCSE/GCE Maths and English
- SQL (T-SQL in Server 2012+)
- Database design, theory and best practices
- ETL (SQL and SSIS)
- MS Office & Excel
- MS Server SQL certification.
- Basic understanding of Financial Services’ Risk Management, Data Governance and Compliance Policies.
- 28 days holiday package
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
When submitting your application to Colossus Associates, please ensure you have your correct phone number and email address so we can contact you asap regarding your application. For confidentiality purposes, please remove any reference contact phone number's and email address details from your CV.